As referenced in a previous post, I've done a pretty good job of touristing in my own city. For example, I've done a lot of these - but not all! And so I am compiling my own Chicago bucket list as someone who has lived here for 14 years.
So, in no particular order or ranking and without further ado, my list.
- See a movie at Logan Theatre. DONE! Dunkirk
- Go bowling at Diversey River Bowl.
- Spend an evening at the Green Mill Pub , or just have one drink and listen to a bit of music because they shush you if you talk and I do not like to be shushed, even for music. That is the standalone reason why I hold out on this place and I live down the street from it. Stepping off of my soapbox now.
- Ride the new Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier - because I avoid that place like the plague, usually, but the Ferris Wheel is new.
- Go to Brew at the Zoo or Halloween nights at the Zoo.
- Hike and see the waterfalls at Starved Rock, this is not technically in Chicago but a right of passage for all Chicagoans.
- Finally set foot in the Bahai'i Temple, I ran by it in a blizzard one fine January day on a 20 mile run but I've never been inside.
- Go to Kuma's Corner for their burgers, the original location.
- Girl and the Goat (omg I can't believe I've never been here).
- Skate the ribbon at the new Maggie Daley park, will have to wait for cold weather for that.
- Eat at Chicago Pizza Oven and Grinder Co (another of those what is wrong with me, why haven't I been here yet places).
- Go to City Winery.
- Visit the Garfield Park Conservatory.
- Run or walk the 606.
- See a show at Thalia Hall.
- Go to a Bulls game (the one professional team I've yet to see live).
- Water taxi to Chinatown for dinner or brunch.
- Visit Myopic Books.
- See as many concerts as possible before I leave .
- Eat brunch at Publican at least a couple of times before I move.
This list could keep growing...